Getting Brony@Home in a convention panel
tiwake Offline
stuff (and ponies)

Threads: 40
Getting Brony@Home in a convention panel
Hey, so I was thinking it would be really fun and amazing and stuff to get Brony@Home on a 1/4-1/2 hour panel at one of the larger pony conventions. We would need the official folding pony (done) and another up to date PMV for the brony team. Most importantly we need ponies willing to go to said convention and talk about it for 5-15min and answer questions.

I personally have a high likely hood to be going to EverfreeNW, but thats in one month from now or something. Might be too late to ask them to put us in there. I'm not even sure what it takes to get in on such a panel for a convention.
IRC channel Yay for brony@home (irc.canternet.org #foldingismagic)
http://derpy.me/gLbV2
2013-03-06, 02:59:34 PM
Website Find Reply
hiigaran Offline
Chief Bogan

Threads: 134
RE: Getting Brony@Home in a convention panel
This would definitely be an awesome idea, but success depends on us being able to get our acts together on those requirements you mentioned. I can create most of the PMV myself, but I need the text that we would add, showing the actual information about us (relevant thread).

As for the folding pony, the latest progress so far is in this post, though he has said he was busy, so I haven't really followed up on this.
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=hiigaran&FAHTeam=21...hangeling1]
2013-03-06, 09:45:29 PM
Website Find Reply
tiwake Offline
stuff (and ponies)

(2013-03-06, 09:45:29 PM)hiigaran Wrote: This would definitely be an awesome idea, but success depends on us being able to get our acts together on those requirements you mentioned. I can create most of the PMV myself, but I need the text that we would add, showing the actual information about us (relevant thread).

As for the folding pony, the latest progress so far is in this post, though he has said he was busy, so I haven't really followed up on this.

Those things are something that can be finished up rather quickly and on shortish notice. Assuming those are done, what next?
2013-03-07, 03:30:05 AM
Website Find Reply
hiigaran Offline
Chief Bogan

I dunno, it's your idea! I've never been to a con, so I have no idea what would be expected.
2013-03-07, 03:38:07 AM
Website Find Reply
Judas Offline
Earth pony

Threads: 2
:( can't go..... even if i had money i still don't have a passport either.
2013-03-07, 08:59:30 AM
Find Reply
flaxative Offline
derp

Threads: 11
How about Equestria LA? Also, I have some friends who worked at EFNW, but whether or not they have any sway over the choice in panels is unbeknownst to me.
[Image: 616872.png]
#727fb6 and #6c79b0
2013-03-07, 10:57:25 AM
Find Reply
Sellyme Offline
Administrator

Threads: 23
Considering Hiig is in Sweden, and I'm in Australia... a panel is unlikely. It's possible that PonyCon AU 2014 could happen (as Hiig wants to come back to Australia anyway), but there's definitely nothing in the short-term future we'd be able to do.

I'm likely going to fly to the US to attend BronyCon Winter 2013, but no way would we get a panel there.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=614439&c1=976aaf&c2=bab4a...&c5=976aaf]
2013-03-07, 01:34:40 PM
Website Find Reply
tiwake Offline
stuff (and ponies)

I was just thinking, maybe an exhibitor booth might be better... *shrug*
2013-03-07, 02:08:22 PM
Website Find Reply
ShadowOfDeath Offline
Donator

Threads: 9
Regardless, if we DO put on some sort of appearance, in whatever form at a Con, we REALLY need to get our own Mascot character. That is to say, we need to commission one (or someone could volunteer XD).

In which case, we'd need to iron out the details. What would the character's species/race be? Its appearance and cutie mark (if applicable)? I would think B@H (stylized) would make the most sense as the cutie mark (fairly identifiable), and of course a name would be good.

A backstory would be good too >_>

We should create a mascot even if we don't put on a show in a con. RD is great and all, but we should try to personalize ourselves more. We could, possibly, use a service like Cafepress too, though that's a bit ambitious (but then again, so is a con appearance).
[Image: sigimage.php?u=601868&t=212997&b=luna2]
(This post was last modified: 2013-03-07, 04:28:09 PM by ShadowOfDeath.)
2013-03-07, 04:25:56 PM
Find Reply
Sellyme Offline
Administrator

Threads: 23
I could just bitch at Inky tonight to do one and have one made in 15 minutes if that was really necessary >.>
[Image: sigimage.php?u=614439&c1=976aaf&c2=bab4a...&c5=976aaf]
2013-03-07, 06:34:06 PM
Website Find Reply
hiigaran Offline
Chief Bogan

(2013-03-07, 04:25:56 PM)ShadowOfDeath Wrote: Regardless, if we DO put on some sort of appearance, in whatever form at a Con, we REALLY need to get our own Mascot character. That is to say, we need to commission one (or someone could volunteer XD).

In which case, we'd need to iron out the details. What would the character's species/race be? Its appearance and cutie mark (if applicable)? I would think B@H (stylized) would make the most sense as the cutie mark (fairly identifiable), and of course a name would be good.

A backstory would be good too >_>

We should create a mascot even if we don't put on a show in a con. RD is great and all, but we should try to personalize ourselves more. We could, possibly, use a service like Cafepress too, though that's a bit ambitious (but then again, so is a con appearance).

Well we have made a start in the thread I linked a few posts back. Already decided that it would be female and unicorn. I wanted originally to use the colours of the F@H logo, but because I can't visualise these sorts of things, I didn't realise the combination would be so...obnoxious. So using the forum's colour scheme was the next best thing. Still haven't decided on a mane/tail colour, yet.

And getting the OC done would allow me to finish a lot of things. For one, I would definitely want to change our logos, but I have also been using my avatar on the B@H Twitter, which I obviously don't want to keep. Then there is the fact that I want to get an ad on Derpibooru as well, and I'm sure the OC would look better if and when we make another B@H vid.

(2013-03-07, 06:34:06 PM)Sellyme Wrote: I could just bitch at Inky tonight to do one and have one made in 15 minutes if that was really necessary >.>

You say that, but I bet she makes you her bitch instead, hehe...
(This post was last modified: 2013-03-07, 08:05:55 PM by hiigaran.)
2013-03-07, 08:05:30 PM
Website Find Reply
ShadowOfDeath Offline
Donator

Threads: 9
@Hiigaran - Ah, didn't know about that thread. Well, I made a suggestion that we use the Pony Creator software to test out color co-ordination and stuff.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=601868&t=212997&b=luna2]
2013-03-07, 09:03:33 PM
Find Reply
tiwake Offline
stuff (and ponies)

For a booth, would probably need a poster or something, buttons are always good, possibly some tri-fold flier things, and business cards. Buttons and posters are essentially necessary because pony conventions are supposed to be fun and filled with swag. Tri-fold might be nice for some general information and steps to set up the software.
2013-03-13, 05:13:30 PM
Website Find Reply
lolllll117 Offline
Audiophile

Threads: 0
i went to everfreeNW last year and i would love to use F@H as an excuse to attend it again. i could of course aid in answering questions assuming i can actually make it up to the con this summer. :D
[Image: sigimage.php?u=624866&t=37726&b=spitfire1]
2013-03-18, 05:16:59 PM
Website Find Reply
Colgate Offline
Cutie Mark Crusader

Threads: 1
I will be at EFNW and at BronyCon this year. If we are doing a panel or whatever, I would be all for helping however I can.
Founder of the Canternet IRC network: https://canternet.org/
2013-03-25, 02:03:31 PM
Website Find Reply